Plenum-Rated Water Heater Leak Alarm with 1/2" Automatic Shut-Off Valve
- Minimize costly insurance claims resulting from water heater leaks; automatically shut off the water supply to the tank when a leak occurs
- Includes everything you need for plenum spaces and other hard-wired installs, including a step-down transformer and plenum-rated wires
- Magnetized leak detection sensor fits nicely in the pan or under the tank; features a 1/16” stand-off to allow for air circulation and eliminate false alarms caused by humidity from the floor
- Sensor can be installed securely horizontally or vertically on the included metal plate
- Audible alarm sounds when a leak is detected; a signal can be sent to the building automation/security system via a set of dry contacts
- Reliable, gear-driven automatic shut-off valve is less susceptible to failure from build-up than spring-driven valves
- System is reusable, with an easy reset button
RDT recommends that installations be completed by a licensed plumber to ensure that all local code requirements are followed.
- RS-094-MK6 Installation Manual (PDF)
- RS-094-MK6 Technical Submittal Data Sheet (PDF)
- RS-094-MK6 Example Installation (PDF)
- Plenum-Rated Water Leak Detection Guide
- How to Choose a Reliable Water Heater Leak Detection System
- RS-094 FAQs
- FloodMaster System General FAQs
- NSF/ANSI 61 and 372 approved valve – meets U.S. EPA Safe Drinking Water Standards
- MA Board of Registration of Plumbers Approval Code # P1-0515-489
You are currently vieiwing the plenum-rated RS-094-1/2-MK6 kit, which features a standard water sensor, step-down transformer for hard-wired installation and 1/2" automatic shut-off valve.
Standard Base Kit Configurations:
1/2", 3/4", 1" and 1-1/4" valve sizes available for most kit configurations.
|Model||Sensor||Power||Security Tie-In||Recommended for|
|RS-094-x||Standard||Wall plug||Yes||Private residence|
|RS-094-x-MK1||Wire rope||Wall plug||Yes||Wide-area coverage|
|RS-094-x-MK6||Standard||Hard wired||Yes||Plenum space / ceiling installations|
Modified kits are also available for installations requiring an electrical plug or gas flow interrupter. Contact us for details.