IS YOUR HOME PROTECTED?
CONTACT US to see how easy it can be to prevent catastrophic water leaks.
Home Water Leak Detection, Alarm & Automatic Shut-Off Systems
Stop routine plumbing leaks from becoming catastrophes with water sensors, alarms, shut-off valves and notification technology.
Most homeowners don’t consider employing water leak detection technology until it’s too late. A water heater fails and floods their basement. An old washing machine hose gives out and water quickly spreads down from a second-floor laundry room. A pipe bursts and dumps water into their home for days while they’re on vacation. A dishwasher supply line quietly leaks for months, leaving mold in its wake.
The Wall Street Journal reports that these types of indoor plumbing leaks are “causing a surge in increasingly expensive damage reported to insurers,” and the IBHS offers some sobering data for homeowners:
- Water heater failure is a leading source of residential water damage, costing an average of $4,444 per incident after the deductible.
- Failures of supply hoses account for more than half of all washing machine-related losses, 78% of which involved washing machines that were less than 11 years old.
- Homeowners can experience higher than normal water bills as a result of undetected slow leaks.
|Concern||Undetected Leaks Lead to…|
|Protect your property and valuables||Catastrophic damage and loss of priceless, irreplaceable mementos|
|Avoid costly repairs||Extensive damage to the structure, finishes and fixtures, often requiring mold and other water damage remediation|
|Control insurance costs||Increased premiums and potential dropped coverage|
Water leaks can occur at any time, in any part of your home. And if you’re not home when a leak occurs, the damage can be catastrophic. The good news is that you can protect your property by deploying cost-effective water sensors, alarms, shutoff valves, and leak notification technology. RDT offers plumbing leak detection solutions for every space and budget, from wireless whole-home systems to appliance-specific kits and simple audible alarms. You may even be eligible for an insurance discount when you proactively install a leak detection system.
Where is your home at risk?
Call us at 888-771-4929 or fill out this short form to discuss your home’s plumbing leak vulnerability points, including…
- Water heaters
- Refrigerators & ice machines
- Washing machines
- Sinks, toilets & tubs
- HVAC condensate pans
- Aging valves and pipes
- Water filtration systems
- And other water-fed appliances and plumbing fixtures.
1. The Wall Street Journal: “American Homeowners and Their Insurers Face a Flooding Crisis From Within”
2. Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety Plumbing damage prevention resources.