ARE YOUR BUILDINGS PROTECTED?
CONTACT US to discuss your project with a leak detection expert.
Plumbing Leak Detection Systems for Specifying Engineers
Specify water damage mitigation technology to protect your clients from the destructive effects of undetected plumbing leaks.
Indoor plumbing leak detection is a simple concept, but it is not a one-size-fits-all deployment. Specifying the right solution for your project requires an understanding of:
- The potential water leak risks that are in play and what equipment needs to be monitored
- System-related considerations such as access to piping and plumbing, appliances located in plenum spaces, and available electrical power
- The required system response when a leak is detected – a simple alarm, automatic water supply shut-off, tie-in to BMS, etc.
Undetected indoor plumbing leaks can create costly insurance claims, rate increases, unhappy tenants, business shutdowns, and monetary fines from skyrocketing water bills. In fact, water damage is the #1 source of property losses for owners of offices, apartments and other real estate facilities. Forward-thinking specifying engineers can educate clients and protect properties against damage from undetected leaks by employing cost-effective water leak detection technology.
Reliance Detection Technologies routinely works with engineers specifying leak detection for their projects. From wireless, app-based systems for wide-area monitoring to basic water alarms and kits dedicated to specific water-fed equipment, RDT provides reliable, easily deployed solutions for every space and budget.
Where are the vulnerabilities in your buildings?
Call us at 888-771-4929 or fill out this short form to discuss your project’s plumbing leak vulnerability points, including…
- Water heaters
- Beverage dispensers & ice machines
- Washing machines
- HVAC condensate pans
- Sinks, toilets & tubs
- Medical/dental equipment feed lines
- Aging valves and pipes
- And other water-fed appliances and plumbing fixtures
References: 1. According to Zurich Insurance data.